The weeks are flying by now! After this week I’ve only got two more to go! But, there’s a lot of work left to do in those remaining weeks. This week I learned how to use LibGuides. I had finished selecting the resources to include in the grad school prep LibGuide, so it was time to get started on actually putting the thing together. I created an account on LibApps, which didn’t work properly because technology, so I used Becky’s account to work on the LibGuide. She had laid out a few things for me to get started on, but I put together most of it myself. It was kind of fun to play around with the software and learn how to include links to pictures, videos, and resources. It ended up turning out pretty well, although it hasn’t actually been published yet. I imagine Jacqueline will want to look it over before we publish it.
I also did some brainstorming on my display. I think I’ve decided on a Harry Potter theme. There’s a new movie coming out this fall: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. So, I’ve come up with a display idea: “Fantastic Books and Where to Find Them.” Clever, huh? I’m planning on getting books from four different categories and listing the call numbers where they can be found in the library. It’s both fun and educational! At least, that’s the plan. Hopefully it turns out like I’m imagining. Here’s a (very) crude drawing I’ve made that sort of outlines what I’m trying to do:
Over at the public library I’m continuing to select books from the bibliography. There is most certainly a lot of work to do here. Like I said before, there’s no way I can get through the entire stack of books, but I do need to get as much done as I can. Mark is still waiting to hear back regarding the grant he applied for, but he seems pretty confident he’ll get the money, in which case they’ll need a solid list of resources to acquire. Hopefully I can provide some good ones for them!